Sunday, July 26, 2009

No Longer Silent

I love my daughter Steph. She's feisty. She complains more than my 3 other kids combined & because of it gets an earful from me three times more often. To be honest though I love her honesty & her desire to be heard even when she knows whats coming next. The alternative for her is to just take whatever happens & keep her mouth shut. I was brought up that way (Keep your mouth shut & do what you're told) as were many of the people who grew up in my generation. You know what. That's what our parents got . Kids with their mouths shut. Unexpressed pain! Not a good thing!

Steph's feistiness triggers a response. What I've learned today (hopefully) is that my Father in heaven feels the same way about me. Ive been feeling bad because I've been complaining to him quite a bit lately & sometimes getting an earful back, but sometimes he says, I know, Hang in there. You'll get there. Sometimes he doesn't say anything, but I feel him there with me. I like it alot more this way than the person I used to be. I know he does too!

2 comments:

  1. Steph is the coolest. And she makes work so much more fun. I have never seen anyone who works so hard with so great an attitude except.. her dad! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shawna, Your whole family sets the standard when it comes to work, so coming from you I consider those words as gold. I'm really proud of who Steph is becoming. I'm sure being around you is nothing but a good thing!

    ReplyDelete